Welcome, we’re glad you made it. Dungeon’s Master is the newest blog on all things related to 4e Dungeons & Dragons. We want you to have as much fun as possible when you play D&D, and we’re going to offer resources dedicated to assisting DMs and players accomplish this goal.
Who are we?
The team here at Dungeon’s Master has been playing D&D together for over 20 years. During that time we’ve often engaged in heated discussions about the game and shared ideas on how to improve it. We realized that if we’ve got questions about D&D that other gamers probably have similar questions. So we’ve decided to take our discussions, opinions and ideas public and share them with you. We hope that you find our ideas helpful and that you’ll share some of your own with us and the community at large.
What exactly can you expect from Dungeon’s Master?
- Skill Challenges. There is no denying that Wizards of the Coast dropped the ball regarding skill challenges. We’re picking that ball up and running with it. We’ve got skill challenges like you’ve never seen them before. You’ll hear more on skill challenges from Ameron tomorrow.
- Campaign Design. We’ve putting together a series on campaign design where you’ll find tips for anyone creating their own game world. It’s designed to help everyone from the beginner to the most experienced DM.
- Original Modules. Every 4 to 6 weeks we’ll be bringing you a new original module create by the team at Dungeon’s Master. The campaign design series will tie in and reference the modules that we release.
- Class Enhancements. Why wait for the PHB2 or Arcane Powers? Why limit yourself to Martial Powers? We’ll be bringing forward new ideas relating to all the classes.
- Humour. Every now and then we’ll throw in something funny. I’ve never met a gamer that doesn’t like to laugh. Laugh along with us as we share our experiences, mistakes and blunders.
- Editorial Commentary. We’ll share our opinions on the state of the game. You’ll be privy to our thoughts, opinions and ideas regarding the state of D&D today. You may not always agree with what we have to say, and we welcome your feedback.
We will be publishing a lot of new original content. In fact we’re going to bring you new content every single day for the next month. I know we picked the shortest month of the year to launch, but 28 days of great content is nothing to laugh at. It’s a virtual dragon’s horde of new ideas.
We hope you enjoy the content we’ll be bringing you and that you’ll share in the journey with us.
The Dungeon’s Master team,
Ameron, Suddry and Wimwick.