We’ve reached our first significant milestone: Dungeon’s Master has been live for one month. As we promised in our first post, we published one new article every day during February. Thank you to all the readers who have checked us out and kept coming back. We welcome your comments and feedback, so please let us know what you think.
The Magistrate’s Daughter is our first original module and was available when we launched.
We published nine new skill challenges in February. The Skill Challenges tab at the top of the page provides easy access to all of them. Here are a few highlights:
- The Missing Ingredient – An easily adapted lost & found encounter with urban and rural examples.
- Information Gamble – This interrogation has a nested challenge within the challenge.
- Border Crossing – When stating your name and business isn’t enough.
- On the Road – Providing PCs with opportunities to do more on the road than fight wandering monsters.
- Skill Focus: Perception provided 10 ways to use Perception that you may not have thought of before.
- We looked at the role-playing implications of Skill Training.
- Is assisting too easy? I think so and offered suggestions for improving the assist rules in Skill Focus: Assisting.
The first four articles in this ongoing series were published in February. The Campaign Design tab at the top of the page provides easy access to all of them.
- Avoiding Death Part 1 and Avoiding Death Part 2 struck a chord with many of our readers. Some situations are so commonplace that everyone can relate.
- We dared to ask What Alignment is Your DM?
A Look Ahead
In March you can expect at least one new skill challenges every week and the next four Campaign Design articles. Our second module, The Spy in Our Midst will be available in Mid-March. A month later we’ll post the third module, The Guardians. Also in March, we’ll look at familiars in 4e, provide 10 alternative uses for Heal, History and Endurance, share some dice superstitions, look at role-playing characters with really high or really low attributes, and provide the Necromancer: Epic Tier. March should be another great month, so be sure to visit Dungeon’s Master every day.