Dark Sun is the hottest topic in D&D right now. We posted 10 Dark Sun articles here at Dungeon’s Master throughout the last month and promise to keep writing more on Athas and D&D Encounters season two. But that’s not all we covered in June. We still brought you plenty of player and DM resources as well as news from the D&D community. And just to let you know we haven’t forgotten about Eberron, we provided another installment in our ongoing Secrets of Eberron series. So whether you missed an article or two throughout June or you’ve only just stumbled upon our site, the Month in Review is a great way to get caught up on everything we ran in the past month. We’d also like to take this opportunity (as we do every month) to thank all of our readers for visiting Dungeon’s Master and for coming back again and again.
D&D Encounters season two began in June and with it we started getting our first taste of Dark Sun. As soon as we got wind of anything Dark Sun we were quick to post it here at Dungeon’s Master.
- Dark Sun: A Quick Player’s Primer – If you’re new to Athas and Dark Sun then this player’s primer is a must read.
- Dark Sun: New Rules – D&D Encounters brings us our first taste of Dark Sun, including two new setting-specific rules.
- A Dark Sun Skill Challenge: Crossing The Chasm – Our first Dark Sun skill challenge pits the characters against the harsh desert terrain of Athas.
- Review: The Outcast (A Dark Sun Novel) – Although hard to find, this novel is a fantastic read and a great introduction of the world of Dark Sun.
June saw the end to D&D Encounters, season one as Halaster’s Lost Apprentice concluded. One week later, D&D Encounters season two began. Fury of the Wastewalker introduced a whole new group of gamers to the world of Dark Sun.
- D&D Encounters (Week 12)
- D&D Encounters Dark Sun (Week 1)
- D&D Encounters Dark Sun (Week 2)
- D&D Encounters Dark Sun (Week 3)
- D&D Encounters: A Dark Sun Preview – An early look at D&D Encounters season two.
- D&D Encounters: Dark Sun Character Builder Files – If you want more than a 5″ x 7″ glossy of a character sheet, we offer you full character builder files for 4 of the 6 pre-generated characters.
- D&D Encounters Dark Sun Character Skill Cards – A complete list of all the skills for each of the six pre-generated characters.
- Class And Race Combinations That Break The Mold – Looking for a unique build? Check out these offerings.
- Creating A Character That Can’t Be Killed – Whether you think this build is selfish or indestructible, it’s still nearly impossible for him to be killed (again… after all he’s a Revenant).
- Should I Fight Or Should I Heal Now? – We try to determine the best time to heal rather than fight on. It’s not as straight forward as you might think.
- The 4e Necromancer Has Been Announced – Our love for the Necromancer continues as we share the details on the upcoming “official” version from Wizards of the Coast.
- Avoiding The Total Party Kill – Play smart and survive. DMs rarely plan to kill everyone.
- Embracing The Total Party Kill – Sometimes a heroic death is more memorable than barely surviving.
- Change, Change, and More Change to RPGA Play – Just in time for GenCon, the RPGA overhauls their rules. Now you can start your LFR characters above level 1.
- 5 Errors I’ve Made as DM – Nothing is more humbling than admitting your mistakes, and helping others avoid making the same ones themselves.
- A 4e D&D Rules Question: Teleporting What You Can’t See – We ask for your interpretation of a tricky ruling, and get plenty of excellent comments arguing both sides of the debate.
- Monster Manual 3: An Early Review – Plenty of classic, iconic monsters get the 4e treatment.
The Eberron tab at the top of the page provides easy access to all of our Eberron resources.
- Secrets of Eberron Revealed (Part 7) – Learn why Dragonmarked Heirs tremble before the Effacers and why adventurers should seek out The Drakes.
A Look Ahead
In July Dungeon’s Master will bring you more Dark Sun, more D&D Encounters and more Eberron. We’ll look at more ways to cheat death and make your PCs tougher. We’ll also be digging into our archive of over 400 articles and taking a fresh look at some familiar topics. Be sure to visit Dungeon’s Master every day as we keep bringing you fresh, new articles on 4e D&D.