During the first half of December we brought you new 4e D&D articles every day. During the second half of December the Dungeon’s Master team took some time off for the holidays and during that time we ran our 2011 greatest hits. With a mixture of new and old articles, readers visiting Dungeon’s Master in December were treated to a lot of great 4e D&D.
For your convenience we’ve collected all the articles we published in the previous month and presented them in one easy to access place. This gives you a chance to catch up on anything you might have missed or take another look at an article you found particularly interesting or enjoyable.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who visited Dungeon’s Master throughout December. We welcome your feedback and appreciate it when you leave your comments. If there’s a particular topic you’d like us to write about or if you’re interested in writing an article for us, email us and let us know. Find our contact information on the About page.
- Changing Classes - If multiclassing or building a hybrid character just isn’t enough, you can always change classes all together and in this article we provide some guidelines for how to do it.
- Keep PCs Grounded – A Look at Flying in D&D - Now that Pixies are available as a playable race DMs have to be more mindful of advantages flying PCs may have during encounters.
- Nationality and Character Backgrounds - If you choose a geographic background for your PC, show some national pride during role-playing.
- The Golden Level of Heroic Adventure - Sndwurks explains why the mid-heroic tier brings the most enjoyable D&D play experiences.
- Gaming in Silence - Too much table talk? Try putting the party into a situation where any vocalizations will be problematic and run a game in complete silence.
- No New Magic Items - What happens when the ability to create new items is forever lost? How does the in-game economy change and what new value is assigned to even the most mundane items?
We continued our ongoing coverage to D&D Encounters season 7, Beyond the Crystal Cave as the PCs followed the trail of the missing lovers, Juliana and Orlando, through the Crystal Cave and into the Fey Wild.
Visit the Dungeon’s Master D&D Encounters Archive for all of our ongoing weekly coverage as well as other great D&D Encounters articles and resources.
- D&D Encounters: Beyond the Crystal Cave (Week 2)
- D&D Encounters: Beyond the Crystal Cave (Week 3)
- D&D Encounters: Beyond the Crystal Cave (Week 4)
- D&D Encounters: Beyond the Crystal Cave (Week 5)
- D&D Encounters: Beyond the Crystal Cave (Week 6)
Greatest Hits 2011
During the last two weeks of 2011 the Dungeon’s Master team took some time off. While we were enjoying our Christmas vacation we ran some of our greatest hits from 2011. These were a combination of articles that generated a lot of discussion, got a lot of traffic and were just pieces that we liked. If you missed any of these the first time around or just last month when we ran them a second time (with new introductions) here again are some of our greatest hits from 2011.
- Greatest Hits 2011: Should PCs Charge Other PCs for Services? (Jun 23)
- Greatest Hits 2011: Exploiting Racial and Class Powers: Dragon Breath (Apr 13)
- Greatest Hits 2011: Let Monsters Use the Treasure (Feb 25)
- Greatest Hits 2011: 7 Appalling Things I Witnessed at the Gaming Table (Aug 12)
- Greatest Hits 2011: The Little Details Make a Big Difference (Jan 4)
- Greatest Hits 2011: My Love Affair With Minions (Oct 28)
- Greatest Hits 2011: The Importance of Trust and Honesty in D&D (Mar 21)
- Greatest Hits 2011: Band of Brothers: Adventuring Parties of the Same Race (Aug 19)
- Greatest Hits 2011: Make Magical Item Identification Harder (Oct 7)
- Greatest Hits 2011: Two-Hit Minions (Jul 13)
- Greatest Hits 2011: Character Catchphrases (Apr 8.)
- Greatest Hits 2011: Hurry Up and Wait – A Look a Delaying and Readying Actions (Oct 18.)
- Greatest Hits 2011: Are You Willing to Provoke an Opportunity Attack? (Jun 29)
A Look Ahead
In January we go back to our regular routine here at Dungeon’s Master and publish new content Monday through Friday.
We’ll take a look at monster tactics, a new installment of You Make the Call, a look at underground adventuring, a spotlight on Drow, new adventure hooks, a new resource page featuring level 1 pre-generated characters, commentary on the Lair Assault: Talon of Umberlee, and of course weekly field reports of D&D Encounters.
January should be another great month here at Dungeon’s Master so be sure to visit every day.