With 2012 nearing completion the Dungeon’s Master team is taking another look at some of our favourite articles from the past year. In 2012 we posted over 165 articles (down from the 250 we’d posted in previous years when we were running new content 5 days a week). This is still a huge number and there are bound to be a few that you missed somewhere along the way.
Beginning today, and continuing over the next two weeks, we’ll dig up those hidden gems that generated a lot of discussion among the gaming community or that we think best represent what we’re all about. It gives us a chance to make sure our newer readers are exposed to our best work and for our long-time readers and subscribers it allows us to highlight a few articles we think you might enjoy a second time.
Each of our greatest hits will include the original article in its entirety, along with a new introduction. In some cases our opinions may have changed since the article was originally published and in others we’re still holding fast to our initial stance.
You’ll have to check out the greatest hits every day to find out which articles from 2012 made the cut and what new insights we have to offer on those topics. Each day, as we run another of our greatest hits, we’ll list the title below and provide a link for easy access. If you don’t think you’ll be able to visit Dungeon’s Master every day between now and New Year’s you may want to bookmark this page so that you can come back in January and see which article made the cut.
Even though we’ll be running our greatest hits for the next two weeks we will provide our weekly recap of the D&D Encounters (week 8.) finale this Thursday and the season report card the following Thursday.
In January 2013 Dungeon’s Master returns to its regular publishing schedule. Be sure to visit Dungeon’s Master regularly for great 4e D&D articles.
2012 Greatest Hits
- Greatest Hits 2012: When the Plus (+) No Longer Matters
- Greatest Hits 2012: The Advantages of Using 3d6 Over Point Buy
- Greatest Hits 2012: How a Blind Player Improved Our Game
- Greatest Hits 2012: Staying Alive: 8 Ways to Keep Wounded PCs in the Game
- Greatest Hits 2012: Undead of Different Races
- Greatest Hits 2012: Don’t Be a Dick – 4 Tips for Following Wheaton’s Law
- Greatest Hits 2012: The 5 Ws of Treasure Maps
- Greatest Hits 2012: What Your Weapon Says About Your Character
- Greatest Hits 2012: Minions: Full Disclosure
- Greatest Hits 2012: Collaborative Dungeon Design
- Greatest Hits 2012: Don’t Fight to the Death