At the end of every month since we started Dungeon’s Master we provided a Month in Review recap of everything we ran that month. When we were running new articles every day the Month in Review was need to ensure that our loyal readers didn’t miss any of the great stuff we were providing. However, over the past year we’ve published fewer articles each month and the Month in Review posts were a bit sparse. When the blog reached its fourth birthday we decided to make a change and stop running the Month in Review. Instead we decided from that point forward we’d do a Quarterly Review. Our first quarter of 2013 ran from February 1 – April 30.
Today we collect all the articles we ran over the past three months, group them by category, and share the links with you. It’s exactly like the way we used to do the Month in Review.
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who visited Dungeon’s Master over the past three months. It’s your loyalty and your comments that keep us going. We welcome your feedback and encourage you to share your thoughts in the comments, by email, or on Twitter.
- On February 1, 2013, we reached a very significant and impressive milestone, the website’s fourth birthday (see State of the Dungeon – Year 4).
- In April Dungeon’s Master joined the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. Those articles have been included in the round-up below and in the post we ran eariler today (see The Blogging from A to Z Challenge – Dungeon’s Master Round-up.)
- As part of the A to Z Challenge we ran an article about how we came up with the name for our blog that you might enjoy (Dungeon’s Master – What’s in a Name?).
- Cat Lord
- Eberron A to Z
- Nightmares & Dreamscapes – An Adventure Hook
- Terrain to Challenge Epic Characters
- The United Nations… of Monsters
- What is the Town’s Attitude?
- Yawning Portal
- The Xanathar
- Zombies: Breathing Life into an Overused Undead
- The Art of D&D (Part 3)
- Giving & Tithing in D&D
- Heroic Archetypes – What Kind of Hero Are You?
- Interviewing for Party Members
- The Justice League of America (JLA) as D&D Characters
- Karma in Gaming
- Monsters as Player Characters
- Optimize For Best Results
- Quirks and Memorable Character Traits
- Stereotypical Gamers – Debunking the Myths
- 6 Ws of Character Creation
- Your Character’s Psychological Profile
Although we usually talk about D&D Encounter and Lair Assault when we refer to public play, we did have a few articles that focused on a few other topics during the past three months.
- Board Games
- Public Play
- Fourthcore Team Deathmatch – Toronto Tournament & 10 FTDM Character Optimization Tips
Visit the Dungeon’s Master D&D Encounters Archive for all of our ongoing weekly coverage as well as other great D&D Encounters articles and resources.
Storm Over Neverwinter (Season 13)
- D&D Encounters: Storm Over Neverwinter – Preview
- D&D Encounters: Storm Over Neverwinter (Week 1)
- D&D Encounters: Storm Over Neverwinter (Week 2)
Against the Cult of Chaos (Season 12)
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos – Report Card
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos (Week 1)
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos (Week 2)
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos (Week 3)
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos (Week 4)
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos (Week 5)
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos (Week 6)
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos (Week 7)
- D&D Encounters: Against the Cult of Chaos (Week 8.)
- Recounting Encounters with Against the Cult of Chaos author Shawn Merwin
Although the Lair Assault program is ending this month (and we are certainly sad to see it go), we provided a preview, round up and numerous podcasts over the past three months.
- It’s Here! – Lair Assault: Into the Pit of Madness
- Lair Assault: Into the Pit of Madness – Round-up
- Lair Assault: Round-Up and Podcasts
- Lair Assault and D&D Encoutners Tokens
In February we started a new feature here at Dungeon’s Master the Friday Favourite. Once a week we comb through our extensive archives to find an older article that we feel deserves another look. Here are the articles we featured in February and March.
- Friday Favourite: 5 Reasons to Say No
- Friday Favourite: 10 Good Reasons to Play D&D
- Friday Favourite: Always Train Your Worst Skills
- Friday Favourite: DM Tips for Restarting a Retired Campaign
- Friday Favourite: Gaming in Silence
- Friday Favourite: How Art Inspires Campaigns
- Friday Favourite: How Observation Changes Characters’ Behaviour
A Look Ahead
Normally in this section we’d share some for the ideas for article that we’re working on for the upcoming month. After completing the A to Z Challenge I’m completely tapped out. I have no idea what’s to come. During the next quarter we’ll have the weekly D&D Encounters field reports, coverage of the upcoming D&D Game Day on June 15, and news on the 2013 GenCon.
This week the Dungeon’s Master crew just started play testing D&D Next so I’m sure that experience will provide us with inspiration for plenty of great articles over the next few months that will be applicable to any edition of D&D. Be sure to visit Dungeon’s Master regularly to ensure you don’t miss anything.